Helping Public Sector harness open source with confidence, SilverStripe lets people engage with public sector services easily, efficiently, and at any time.
as a service
The Common Web Platform (CWP) is a Platform as a Service offering New Zealand Government websites. SilverStripe Ltd is under contract to the Department of Internal Affairs to provide the platform. CWP was launched in September 2013.
The Common Web Platform includes:
- A managed hosting infrastructure jointly provided by Revera and SilverStripe, including backups and disaster recovery
- SilverStripe CMS, tailored and enhanced for NZ Government use
Templates and supported modules to quickly build websites
- The facility for agencies and their suppliers to fully customise website design and features, and CMS functionality
- A source code management and sharing platform
- A commercial service solution including online management portal, helpdesk, professional services, code reviews, software updates, and service levels.
SilverStripe is the top choice for councils in New Zealand as many free open source modules are already available to extend the SilverStripe CMS to suit your own council’s website. The flexible SilverStripe Framework connects to third parties to enable online payment of rates, infringements, consents.
Christchurch City Council
SilverStripe Content Management System
- Open source – No licensing fees!
- Intuitive interface to easily create, edit and publish content
- Get up to speed quickly with minimal training
- Responsive templates across all devices
- Logical drag-and-drop site tree to manage information architecture
- Embed, upload images and files in page content
- Create permission groups and roles to ensure security
- Support content in multiple languages
- Search engine friendly content
- Commercially Supported Modules
Supported by an active open source community, SilverStripe modules extend SilverStripe CMS, providing additional functionality such as blogging, user customisable forms, content scheduling, and lots more. SilverStripe Supported Modules are commercially supported by SilverStripe Limited, and have a dedicated team of developers actively maintaining them.
- Tailored for SilverStripe open source CMS
- Lower the burden on your own IT team
- Expert support and incident management around the clock 24/7
- Reliable, secure and high performance AWS cloud hosting
- Eliminate traffic worries with elastic auto-scaling and redundancy
- Security monitoring and proactive patching
- Robust user access management for added security
- Continuous delivery pipeline for fast, low-risk deployments
- Testing environments mirror production to reduce errors reaching live site
- All deployments logged and automatic backups are taken daily
Contact us if your looking to redesign and implement a SilverStripe NZ Government Common Web Platform.